Sunday 22 January 2012

Marketing with Integrity.....

I have been struggling with the concept of Marketing.  When I decided that I was to become an entrepreneur in 2012 I knew that I would have a spiritual block with Marketing myself and any product I am promoting.  It is not because I don't believe in myself or my ability to help people or that I don't fully support the product; no, quite the opposite, I do wholeheartedly.  The problem lies with marketing and how to get my message across to people who might be interested in my books, personal development, healing and growth.

This means I have to market myself my books, my services and any supporting products. As I am by no means a guru in marketing or marketing techniques I have been taking some marketing courses.  What I have learnt, has up till today disturbed me and given me pause.  

Seems one can't just come out and say what you mean.  You have to create a hook!  Marketing is a seduction...a subtle lure.  It doesn't matter that what you are promoting will improve people’s lives you have to dress it up.  Understanding this truth through me for a loop and a small doubt that I could become a successful entrepreneur crept stealthily into my head.  Now what?

It was back to the drawing board for me.  I often tell my clients that the road to change is not always smooth but that one must persevere.  Never give up and approach difficulties from different angles.  So I asked myself the following question:  How do I market myself with integrity?

The answer came to me this morning during my meditation.  I need to make sure that my marketing campaign clearly shows my intent to do no harm.  That my enthusiasm for helping people change their lives for the better will be clearly communicated.  I realize that I will not be able to please everyone.  It also became clear to me that I can only do so much.  I can't be responsible for other people’s emotions.  Additionally the people who are ready to make a significant change in their lives will embrace my message while those who are not ready will simply click, shake their heads, and close the page and think on it no longer.

My mission should simply be to reach those individuals that are ready to embrace change and find their inner power and beauty through balance within my one rule - First, do no harm....

No comments:

Post a Comment