Sunday 11 December 2011

Christian's take back your Power and Faith!

Yesterday I was out and about doing my Christmas shopping.  Although a practicing Pagan the balance of my family, save one, is Christian and these include my own children.  Personally I also have a close affiliation with Christianity in it’s true from. 

I can see the confusion on your face as you read this.  How on earth do I reconcile Christianity with Paganism?  Well my friend it is easy.  In my opinion Paganism has taught me much about the true meaning of what Christ was trying to teach us and I clearly understand Christ’s role in my life.  He is a Teacher and a Guide.  A way for me to express His love is by not judging anyone and doing my best to practice unconditional love.  The first and only Rule of Paganism “DO NO HARM” runs parallel to this principle I believe.

What did seem to be very clear though is that many of us seem to have forgotten why we are celebrating Christmas.  I noticed so many stressed families, people with frowns and clenched jaws grabbing at things.  If only we would take one step back and look at what we are doing.  I tried to smile at every person who would meet my gaze – not an easy feat as most people’s eyes were darting uncontrollably all over the place at all the external stimuli.  It is like a crazed feeding frenzy out there.  Do we really think that this is what the first Christian’s and Apostles envisioned when they started teaching His word?  I don’t think so.

I am quite certain that most young Christian born children if asked what Christmas is about will say it is about getting presents and Santa.  Isn’t it time that changed?  Isn’t it time for Christian’s even Pagan Christian’s such as myself to correct this injustice that has been done – nay what we have allowed to be done - to our faith   I feel strongly that Christians need to take back their Power and their Faith.  Tell the commercial world to take a hike.  Remind our kids that Christmas in not about Santa and gifts but about Christ and why.  Stand proud Christian’s and try to find the true meaning of Christmas once again and ignite it in your own family!

Blessings, and a Merry Christmas to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment